EU Migration Talks: Integration of Migrant Women in Austria
8 March 2022, 14:30-16:30, online
On the occasion of International Women's Day, the IOM Country Office for Austria invited to the publication of the EMN study "Integration of Migrant Women in Austria: Policies and Measures". In addition to the presentation of the EMN study findings, we elaborated on the interactions between migration/integration and gender. Representatives from research, practice and politics then discussed central aspects of the integration of migrant women in Austria.
• Marian Benbow Pfisterer (Head of Office, IOM Country Office for Austria)
• Mag. Martin Kienl (Head, Section II - Integration, Cultural Office and Ethnic Groups, Federal Chancellery)
14:40 Lecture: "Interaction between migration, integration and gender"
• Ondine Delavelle (Head of Integration/Labor Mobility Department, IOM Austria) - Download presentation
15:00 EMN Study: "Integration of Migrant Women in Austria: Policies and Measures"
• Saskia Heilemann (Interim Head of Research and Migration Law Department, IOM Austria) - Download presentation
15:20 Panel Discussion: Research, Practice and Policy
• Gudrun Biffl (Danube University Krems)
• Ayten Pacariz (Operational Management, NACHBARINNEN Association in Vienna)
• Representative from the political sector
More information on the event is available here.